Monday 24 September 2012

September Sort It - I'm Almost There!

It's officially the last week of September and I'm nearly sorted! I have 6 days to do the last 7 things on my list, and other than #19: Give the shower a good scrub, the remaining items aren't all that bad.

Here are a few photos documenting my progress...
#21 Baskets for the little miss' room.

#5 Tidy the hair accessories shelf - yowsers!
(before)
           
#13 Get a new passport
Just waiting to get my photos witnessed before I can tick it off the list!!!

#5 Tidy the hair accessories shelf
(after - phew!)

#3 Clean out the baking shelf (before)
#3 Clean out the baking shelf (after)
Clearly I now have to tidy the shelf below...
 And here is my list as it stands right now:

  1. Clean all unnecessary items off of the kitchen bench. (This may need to be done a few times throughout the month based on how quickly stuff accumulates there!)
  2. Go through the Little Miss' closet & remove everything that is too small or that no longer gets worn.
  3. Clean out the 'baking' shelf in the pantry.
  4. Look for a new set of dishes to replace our old set.
  5. Tidy & organize the hair accessories (& other random stuff) shelf.
  6. Make space under my bed to store the Little Miss' Christmas present (she's getting a new bed - shhh it's a surprise!)
  7. List the kids' art easel on Trade Me (they NEVER use it & it takes up way too much space).
  8. Sort through my clothes & get rid of all the things I no longer wear.
  9. Update photos of the kids on Picasa.
  10. See the Living Cloaks exhibition at Te Papa. 
  11. Sew baskets for the pantry.
  12. Re-stock the freezer with baking for lunches.
  13. Get a new passport! (Not that I'm planning on going anywhere, but with most of my family overseas I figure it's best to always have a valid one in case of emergency.)
  14. Mend everything in the pile of clothes to be mended.
  15. Investigate class times for Yoga-Pilates classes and book in.
  16. Sort through the cloth nappies & get rid of the ones that are no longer any good.
  17. Decide what to do for the Little Guy's 3rd birthday party. :)
  18. Sort through all the stuff being stored in the Little Guy's closet.
  19. Give the shower a really good scrub.
  20. Try to revive the sad, wilted potted flowers from the kitchen & re-plant out in the garden.
  21. Make more large storage baskets for the Little Miss' room.
  22. Make a list of who we're giving Christmas presents to this year.
  23. Plan out the Little Miss' Irish dancing dress (the real competition one - she's been practicing what to do at competition in class, so it won't be long now!)
  24. Choose new photos of the kids to replace the old ones in the lounge.
  25. Go shopping for clothes - for me, not the kids!!!
  26. Make a time to have a good catch up on Skype with my bestie in Canada.
  27. Weed the garden.
  28. Start weaning the Little Guy from using his soother during the day.
  29. Find more Thomas socks for the Little Guy.
  30. Actually take all of the excess clothes etc to the goodwill bins (or throw out those that are no longer good).
Wow! Check out all that pink!!!!!
It feels so satisfying to see how much I've done so far and to know that I will be able to complete my list by the end of the month. I hope that everyone else who's been sorting out their September feels as great as I do. 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment