Tuesday 22 January 2013

Jello Gummy Snacks

I am so excited about this one... Both of my kids LOVE packaged gummy 'fruit' (I use this term very lightly) snacks, so when I found this Homemade Jello Fruit Snacks Recipe on Pinterest I just had to try it! But to be honest, I'm probably most excited to be using my new Lego minifig mold that arrived in the post today...

The Lego mold is pretty little, so I got to up my awesome by cracking out my Star Wars molds as well!
The recipe is super simple, and once again the most difficult part was converting those cursed imperial measurements!!!!! To save you from the frustration, here is the recipe with no ounces in sight!

Ingredients:
  • 1 regular sized box of any flavoured jelly (for those of you with access to actual Jell-O, it's the smaller of the 2 sizes you can buy)
  • 4 1/2 tsp of un-flavoured gelatin (if you have gelatin that comes in individual envelopes, you will need to use 2 envelopes)
  • 1/3 cup of water *or you can use 1/3 cup of juice instead of water if you prefer
Directions:
  • Pour the water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat
  • Sprinkle both the flavoured & unflavoured gelatin over the water and stir while over medium heat until all of the gelatin is dissolved
  • Remove from heat & pour into molds

The little gummies turned out really well. They came out of the molds fairly well, but I would recommend using silicone ones that you can bend to help them out. The gummies end up a little on the sticky side, so I dusted the back of them with a little cornstarch so that they wouldn't stick to the container (or the other gummies) that I placed them on top of.

No comments:

Post a Comment